Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lots of random thoughts

I've never been big into writing things down. I've never been good at keeping a journal (oops). So I figured I should start somewhere and a blog it is. I have lots of time at work to be able to keep one updated too. I don't know if it'll be interesting at all but we'll see how it goes, or if anyone will even read it.

Lately I've had lots of random thoughts in my head and maybe I should put them down somewhere. I'll try to make sense of them as best I can. Sorry if it turns out to be a long first blog.

Thought #1
School. Where do I even begin in talking about school. Right now I'm stuck in a bad place. The "I have no motivation for it" place. I know. It will be my downfall. If anyone has any ideas on how I can get my motivation to try back, please let me know.

Thought #2
I've got to be more social. I've kind of given up on meeting new people. I figure I already have friends, why put the effort to make more. I'm a horrible person I know. I guess it's just that I already have a pretty good bunch of friends and I don't really feel like getting to know more people just yet. Maybe I should start working on that pretty soon cause I'm going to start running out of friends to hang out with since everyone is getting married. Congrats by the way to all those of you who just got married or are engaged :)

Thought #3
This one might be a little more confusing. I've been trying to find a purpose to my life. I've been looking for answers from Heavenly Father as far as what it is he wants me to do. Some of you may know that earlier this year I had decided to serve a mission. Life changed somewhat over the summer and I abandoned that decision. Dumb? Yes. I can't even begin to tell you how angry I've been at myself for having let go of that decision when I knew it was so right. It's taken me a while but I've started to fix things in my life to hopefully get me back onto the right track. Most important lesson I learned from this is that while people will let you down, Heavenly Father never will. That is why we must do our best to not let Him down. I am so thankful for the atonement and that we are given second chances in life.

No comments: