Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bring on the Bling

I never thought the day would come where I would know what I wanted for an engagement ring and least of all that it would look like this.

Cross over pave engagment ring by David Yurman
I know, holy crap, look at all that diamond. I don't even know how much it is. I asked somone on the website but they told me I need to call a store because you can't order this ring online. That right there should say something about how ridiculously expensive it is. Also the fact that only two stores in Utah carry this ring, one in Salt Lake and the other in Park City. I know realistically I'll probably never have this ring but in the perfect world where I can have anything I want, I would.
So the reason why I was looking at engagement rings is not because I'm getting engaged. No worries. A friend and I were talking about how much we think an engagement ring should be. We asked a couple of people and I decided to let you know what I thought the best answer to this question was. "Depends on what she's worth to you." Of course you shouldn't spend beyond your means but you can't be super cheap about it either.
I don't know what's gotten into me lately with wanting to be a girl. I've starting buying clothes more appropriate for my gender and I professionally highlighted my hair yesterday. I've picked out a dress for my wedding, whenever that happens, and this engagment ring. I don't know why now but I've decided to embrace the fact that I'm a girl ;)

No comments: