Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I love this girl

She is seriously the best. I love this little girl probably about the same that I will ever love my own children. Reason why? She was born when I was in 8th grade and I've seen her grow. I've had so many memories with her. From the time she was a baby with acid reflux throwing up all over me to the drive up to Utah to start my freshman year of college. There is something special about watching children grow into amazing people. I have missed the last couple of years of her life because I've been in Utah going to school. I seriously cannot even begin to explain how sad it makes me to think about that, so I won't. I am so sad that I haven't been a better sister to her even with the distance. My mom tells me about how she tells all her teachers and friends about how I'm going to BYU and how she gets super excited when I come home to visit.




I had the opportunity today to talk with her during my break between work and classes. It was so great to hear her little voice on the phone. I'm amazed at how much she knows and how her personality is shown through what she says to me. I asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she had the cutest response. "I want 2o things. Actually more like 10 because 20 is too many." I asked her what and she said, "I don't know. I haven't really thought about it. I'll think about it." She's 6 by the way. So after that she wanted to play I SPY with me. I told her I couldn't really play that since I couldn't see what she was looking at. So she decided we were going to play a guessing game. She would think about something and give me clues so I could guess what it was. Then it would be my turn. I apparently was being too easy and she kept telling me to make the things harder. The funny thing is she would actually guess what it was. She guessed everything from a traffic light, to a stop sign, to a parking lot, to a mountain, to the sun, and even a mermaid. When the mermaid came up she said, "but Monica, mermaid's don't actually exist". I thought that was the cutest thing ever. When I had to go to class I told her I would call her later and she said "ok and we can keep playing the game, and it'll be my turn".



I can't wait to have my own kids.

1 comment:

NelsonFam said...

Hey Monica - I am so glad you found me. I loved your post about your little sister. My littlest is now 17 but I still love receiving phone calls from her because you just don't know what she will have to say. It is always hilarious. Best of luck with upcoming projects and finals!