Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Adventures of 2009

I haven't updated for a while on things I've done this semester. This might be kind of long but there will be pictures!

On January 23 we (Tyler, Meagan, Jacqueline, Nikki, and I) went to the Draper Temple open house. It was so awesome. I can't wait to get to go in and do ordinances. For now I'm happy with just being able to do baptisms. It's got an awesome font. I gotta go once it's dedicated.

We (Tyler, Meagan, Jacqueline, Matt, Brock, Kendall (Brock's brother) Steve, Seth, and I) also went to a BYU hockey game. Against the U. Guess who won?! That's right, we did.The best part of hockey games are the fights. Ahhh....makes going to the game and sitting in a cold arena worth it. It's also fun to see players from Utah get kicked out of the game.

We had a big group date over at my apartment at the end of January. The girls made a French dinner for the guys. It was my first time making quiche but apparently it turned out well. I was afraid it might come out tasting a little mexican but I apparently got it to somewhat resemble France. Go me! Jk. The next day with some dessert leftovers Meagan and I made some French goodness.They are fabulous. Only bad thing is that it takes a while to make. Oh man but it's so worth it.

The same day we had the group date KELSEY AND STEVE GOT ENGAGED!!! Hooray. The day is April 25th in the Denver Temple. Road trip!

This past weekend for President's Day I got out of Provo! I went down to Zion National Park for the first time ever. While we were there Kelsey and Steve took engagment pictures.

It was so much fun. Eight of us went, Steve, Brock, Bret, Clint, Kelsey, Melanie, Shelby, and me. We hiked the Emerald Pools trail. We weren't going to try anything that might possibly kill us, aka Angels Landing. At least I wasn't going to. That's something for me to look forward to doing in May when there isn't any ice or snow on the trail.

No comments: