Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm a slacker

I've been slacking on this updating thing. Oh well...

Time to recap on some of my adventures.

Over the 4th of July weekend I went tubing down the Provo river! It was so much fun! The water was freakin freezing but with the sun out and once your bum went numb you didn't feel it anymore. I almost drown. I know your probably thinking, "How can you drown in 2 feet deep water?" I'll tell you how. When you're fun sized like me any amount of water is dangerous! I got knocked off the tube under a bridge where the current was fast and then I couldn't stand up cause the rocks at the bottom were so slippery. So I held my breath and let the water carry me until it calmed down so I could finally stand up again. I got some pretty awesome battle wounds. My legs were so bruised and a rock stabbed me in the leg (it was weird). It was funny cause I had a hole in my leg but didn't bleed while I was in the water (my body was so cold there was no circulation).

The next weekend on July 11th, Andrea and I took a shopping trip out to Park City. We went to the Outlets and bought a birthday present for my dad. I also got a watch from Fossil. It's pretty dang cool.

This past weekend Laci, Jacqueline and I went to Zion National Park. We woke up at 4 am on Saturday and made the 4 hour drive down. We hiked Observation Point, which is killer, especially in 110 degree heat and for someone so out of shape like me. It's 8 miles long and took us 5 hours. We reached an elevation of 6508 feet at the top. It was a pretty cool view had it not been so freaking hot. If you are insane enough to want to do this hike here are a few pointers.
  • Don't do it in the middle of the day when the sun is blasting on you.
  • Take loads of water (4 water bottles is not enough)
  • Take your time and enjoy the views as you go.
  • Wear awesome shoes.

At least now I can say I've done the hike but I will never do it again. Never! My body is definitely feeling it. It hurts to walk. I feel ancient.

This weekend I hope to have more adventures. I want to go camping Thursday night. There's a rodeo on Friday in Spanish Fork and then I'm going to the Secondhand Serenade concert on Saturday. Oh and we're also having a birthday BBQ for Jacqueline tomorrow night.

Summer is awesome!

No comments: