Saturday, September 12, 2009

People are lovely

Tonight I was called a lesbian and a bit** by our waiter at Joe Veras.

Lesbian because I "wouldn't" let a guy pay for my dinner.
1. It wasn't a date. We were out for Katie's birthday and it happened to be 2 guys and 2 girls.
2. He didn't offer to pay for me.

Bit** because I left a "crappy" tip.
1. It was 15% percent.
2. You weren't that great and I don't owe you any favors.

How do I know he said this about me? Our waiter was Katie's ex-boyfriend's best friend. Our waiter (I'm not saying names) told Katie's ex-boyfriend who then felt the need to text Katie and tell her. And I quote "Just thought you'd like to know :)"
Yes there was even a smiley face attached to it.

How was your night?

2 comments:

Stu and Angie Milne said...

what the heck?? oh my gosh monica, that is ridiculous. people are horrible sometimes! number one, that guy is incredibly rude for his comments [i don't think i would even tip him after he said that!] and number two, the friend didn't NEED to pass along the message right? but i'm one of those, "what you don't know can't hurt you" types.. sorry, hope you sunday is happy!

Alyssa and Tyler said...

WOW! That is even worse then when Katie told me!! What a loser. Seriously, good thing she doesn't hang out with those people anymore. Sorry that had to happen to you!