Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow Shoeing!

I don't have class on Fridays so while I was sitting at work I text Kim and asked her what she was doing that night. I was not about to spend my first Friday night back in Provo home alone. She didn't want to do the traditional watch a movie activity so instead we ended up going snow shoeing! I was a little reluctant at first because it's cold outside and I don't do well with the cold, but I really really didn't want to be alone so I decided to go for it.

I wore 3 pairs of socks, 3 pants, 2 long sleeve shirts, a hoodie, a jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, a scarf, ear warmers, and a beanie. I was nice and toasty. We drove out to Brighton and commenced our ascent straight up the mountain. It was so fun! You'd move up 2 steps and slide down 5. It was definitely a work out, but disappointingly I'm not sore today. The best part was coming off the mountain and sliding down the whole way.

It's always hard for me to get excited about doing anything out in the cold but I'm definitely glad I agreed to this. After 4 years in Provo, I'm finally getting around to doing things Provo worthy.

1 comment:

Amber said...

if i could "like this" i would. i like this!