Monday, February 8, 2010

I kind of would rather die


Public speaking is like my only true phobia, bad enough that whenever I have to speak publicly I kind of wish I could die. Don't judge. Ironic, I know since I'm a psych major and I know that exposure is the best way to overcome this but it's hard.

Yesterday I gave my first lesson ever. It was the scariest moment of my life but I survived it. Barely. Holy crap I hate standing in front of people and talking. To make it worse, I always cry. Why must I cry? I can't talk about anything spiritual without crying. It's embarassing. But then again I guess it wasn't all that bad, other girls cried too. Although, there was a pause that seemed to drag on forever. Probably could have done without that. I was able to salvage it though and I got some nice comments afterward. Maybe that's just because I did such a horrible job and they felt bad for me.

I'm just glad it's over and don't have to worry about it for another 4 months.

No comments: