Tuesday, September 14, 2010

the little things

Sometimes when things are really crappy you just need to take a step back, breathe, and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

That's what I had to do after my car went back into the shop. I realized it's just money and it comes and goes. No need to cry about it.

I finally got a call today about what is wrong with my car and I'm happy to report good news. It was the alarm system malfunctioning that shut it down but they are able to remove it and get the car going again for $105. Such good news. Pep Boys just stole $785 from me when they replaced the fuel pump. I'm pretty sure it was the alarm that disabled it. Never go to Pep Boys.

So I get my car back today and I'm looking into buying a new one because let's face it, it's about time. Things are looking promising. VW dealerships are having some pretty good sales trying to get rid of their 2010 models. We'll see what happens. My mom offered to buy my car from me so that Andrea can have it. (Message to Andrea: It's still good. I've spent lots of money on it fixing it up so you don't have to.)

AND to top it off.....The Cocoa Bean came around the MTC giving free cupcakes to the employees. The girl knocked on my door and asked me if I wanted one, um YES PLEASE! Totally made my day.

1 comment:

wsb said...

oh man, I have NEVER had a cupcake from cocoa bean even though my friend works there all the all the time. that sounds delicious. good luck on the car hunt.