Thursday, November 11, 2010

Count your many blessings

I've never been one to have a problem paying tithing. It's always been one of the easiest things for me to do. Just write out a check as soon as I got paid, easy enough. But lately, I've got to admit I've been thinking more about it. Never enough to not pay it, but the thought of what I could pay off with it has crossed my mind.

Ever since buying a new car I've been a little stressed about money. Paying off school loans, car loans, credit cards for fixing my last car, taking trips out to Texas to see my family. It was all adding up in my head.

So I'm sitting at work today and decided to check my bank account, I look at the total in my checking account and notice it's quite larger than I knew was supposed to be in there. I click on it to view my transactions and I see a deposit by the US Treasury for hundreds of dollars.

Hallelujah! I have the money I need to drive out to Texas and not be stressed about it. I had told my mom I would be coming home for Thanksgiving and that I would be bringing Andrea. She was so happy, I was determined to make it work even if I didn't have the money upfront for the trip.

And this is where I count my blessings. Being a full tithe payer has always been a huge blessing in my life. The Lord always provides, always.

No comments: