Thursday, December 23, 2010

Road trippin'

Andrea and I made it to Texas safe and sound. We decided to knock out the whole thing at once instead of stopping along the way and sleeping. It was both a good and bad idea. We got to Texas at 7 am but at least we didn't have to waste a second day on the road.
20 hour drives are super eventful. We drove through snow, rain, and heavy fog. Saw a semi flipped on it's side and another that had exploded on the side of the road. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of either seeing as how I would probably have caused another accident.
I also got pulled over for the very first time in my driving career. Thankfully I didn't get a ticket. I should of but I didn't and for that I'm thankful. It would have been a hefty ticket seeing how I was going 90 in a 75. The patrolman was nice and let me go with a warning. He said he just wanted me to get home safely and not spend hours laying in the mud waiting for an ambulance to come clean me up. 'Tis the season.

No comments: