Friday, January 28, 2011

Slave labor.....I mean, Service

Last night a few people in my ward did service at the Cannery in Lindon.......

We showed up just after 5, put on our plastic aprons, rubber boots, and lovely blue hairnets and headed into the processing area. As soon as I stepped inside I started to gag and dry heave. Why did we go on a day when they were canning chili??? Won't be eating that out of a can ever.

We were there for 3 hours and only canned for 30 minutes of that time. The rest of the time we cleaned.....and cleaned again......and again. It was semi fun....I got to spray down a kettle (for about 2 hours, the chili was everywhere) and I also may or may not have accidentally sprayed myself in the face.

It was exhausting work. In the words of Katie, "'Doing service' at the cannery is why I went to college and work in an office."

Definitely made me appreciate my education.

P.S. I swear I'm not a terrible person.

No comments: