Saturday, October 22, 2011

things on my mind

I made a reference to a movie, Clueless, and no one knew what I was talking about. I said Alicia Silverstone was in it and still got blank stares. I am officially old.

I volunteer for selfish purposes. I do it for the benefits that come to me (i.e. feeling good about myself, being around people, having something to do on a Saturday)

Sometimes I'm really funny and have people continuously laughing for half an hour. And that makes me feel good about myself, even if it is because I'm making fun of myself.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to wear a bra. I used to never be able to be without one, it just felt weird to be that free, but I have now been converted. I may have spent the entire morning without one and only begrudgingly put one on because I had to leave my house.

Is it pathetic to go watch a movie by yourself? At the movie theater? Cause I do it all the time...and sometimes I even go in the middle of the afternoon...like an old person.

2 comments:

Willi Nixon said...

You know what? I'm confused how we never became better friends. Sometimes we are just the same.

Emily said...

Monica. I love you. The end.