Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'm really sorry I seem to have fallen of the face of the Earth, but I'm around. I've actually been crafting a lot. So that's what the next few posts will be about.

First up! A shelf.

BFF Katie had this but when she moved back to Seattle she decided to give it a new home with me.

 It's from IKEA so it was very plain. I sanded the entire thing first to get the finish that was on it off, or at least as much of it as I could get.

Then I started to stain. I was too lazy to do it the right way so I really just ended up painting it with the stain.

 It left it with more of an antique-y distressed look which isn't too bad.

I left it like that for a few months and then a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to mod podge some fabric onto it so it finally ended up looking like this.
I'm pretty pleased with it.

No comments: